Ingredients (* large quantities used for the base):
- 200 g. sturgeon confit, shredded
- 200 g. onions
- 200 g. carrots, peeled
- 35 g. oyster sauce
- 35 g. hoisin sauce
- 15 sheets filo pastry
- 15 lettuce hearts, leaves separated
- 20 g. cilantro
- 20 g. mint
- 20 g. extra virgin olive oil
- Oil for frying
How to make it:
- Cut the onion into julienne strips and grate the carrots.
- Cook the carrots and onion in a large frying pan.
- When the onion becomes translucent, add the sturgeon confit and the two sauces. Stir well.
- Let it stand.
Making the nem:
- Cut a filo pastry sheet in two, approximately 15 cm wide and 30 cm long.
- Place two teaspoons of the filling on top. Fold the sides and roll like a burrito.
- Seal with water.
Serving the nem:
- Just before serving, deep fry the nem rolls in hot oil (180ºC) for two minutes. Serve over a lettuce leaf and sprinkle with cilantro and mint.